Sunday, June 26, 2011

Are you ready for some football

So finally a post about the actual reason I am down here... Football.

First week: relearn all of the basic football skills. Things are very different here, we take drop steps on our reach blocks and always use "double under's" which appears as if we are trying to do bicep curls with the Dline. I was so out of breath because of the altitude that I would need to take a knee at random times to catch my breath. Not to mention everyone is yelling in Spanish.

Second week:  I can breath YAY!!! I begin to recognize certain phrases such as Cambio, Mismo, Dereche and so on. Feel much more like a football player. Had a bit of humble pie being placed on the 3rd string for the first time since 9th grade.

Third week: brings us up to the present time. My form is not perfect but I am finally getting the ideas and concepts of my new team. This weekend we had a passing scrimmage and I went 12 for 15 with 5 pancakes. It really renewed some football spirit actually getting to hit some people.  Here are 2 pics I was able to screen shot from film.
I threw it on the GROUND!!

No comments:

Post a Comment