Monday, July 4, 2011

Pachuca trip Lucha Libre (part 1 of 2)

To fully tell the story of my past weekend I need to go back to December 2010. This is when I first became friends with David Martin Lugo Ramos (yes everyone has a lot of names down here) He was a Mexican who added me on facebook because he saw my name listed for the Tazon de Estrellas team USA.  Over the course of a few months we kept in contact but I have never actually met him or even seen him other than his facebook page.

Finally this weekend I decide to voyage to the state of Hildalgo to meet this David. (mind you this is all with the hope that David is indeed this nice young Mexican football player and not a member from La M on a 6 mo. kidnapping operation)

The first big test comes when I arrive in Pachuca, Hildalgo at a bus station with no cell phone and no david in sight. Luckily I found a guy and convinced him to lend me his. David was 3 min from the station and his dad was going to take us to a lucha libre match.

LUCHA LIBRE: this event of controlled chaos may be enough to make certain "grovers" cry. To me it was the most entertaining I have experienced in mexico yet. The rules for the match are.... there are no rules(which in turn violates the fact that there are no rules) anyways highlights from the match include: Chico chef (the wrestler with a butcher apron who was short and fat) Marco (tall american who was my 'cousin') the one legged wrestler (not lying), and receiving honorable mentions: hot bimbos, Rey Misterio's son, and a ref who was bald but insisted on fake combing his hair.

I think all the other Mexicans in the stadium were taking pictures of me as well

Me and the Famous Chico Chef
Rey Misterio's son... and ya a guy with only one leg!

Hottie!

Me and Dave in our Luchador masks
At the match you can yell WHATEVER you want at the wrestlers and then they yell back. People also threw limons. The night ended with me pretending one of the white wrestlers was my cousin and almost getting let in to the dressing room. After the match we went back to his house and I had a chance to sleep in the first bed in mexico that my feet didn't hang off of. :)

Stay tuned for the story of how I now have 3 houses in mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment