Monday, July 11, 2011

Pachuca trip Mi Nuevo familia (part 2 of 2)

What would you do as a mother if you went into your sons room and found a huge 6'9" black dude sleeping in his bed. This is how I imagine it being for the mother of David Ramos when she ran into Ivan Ramos' bedroom to say "There is a HUGE white man in your bed" with David's response being "WHAT?!?! Oh wait... thats just Pete"

I woke up to a breakfast of epic proportions. 2 hamburgers, another sandwich, a plate full of mangos, and juice! For the rest of my stay she would insist that I was starving constantly and saw it as her personal vendetta to suppress this :)

Plans for Saturday included a pick up game of football with David's old team... pick up in mexico includes all your pads...


So because I was a foot taller than most of the other players I decided to play sin pads. All was fine until I created a trick play where I was thrown the ball in space and lower a shoulder to deliver a pretty hard hit (of course without shoulder pads it hurt like hell the next day hahah) 

After that Davids dad took us to his aunt's house to shower. (side note: in December I sent some Gcc tee shirts to Dave but they were too big and he gave them to his dad)

Martin Reppin the GCC. 
Sunday was a real treat. I got to go to a christian church with Dave, his mom, and his other brother. A really nice pastor named Don moy (I think) presided. We sang praise music in Spanish ... then we sang TECHNO PRAISE MUSIC!! very awesome! but it went down hill after that... a visiting pastor yelled in spanish for 30 min I didnt understand anything!
These ladies did a sort of tambourine dance all the while in church
After church I was invited to lunch for Davids aunt's birthday. This is when I was 'officially' part of the Ramos family. His mom decided to more or less adopt me as her "crazy night in the US 22 years ago" to account for my size. But i think that most people agreed that me and abuelita looked the most alike.

 My tialety, mama de mexico, abuelita, y mi tia de cumpleanos 

Mi hermanos!
As a whole the trip would have been nothing without the new loving family I found in mexico :)


No comments:

Post a Comment