Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The easy life...

Well today me and my "gringo" friend are practically laughing at everything... I mean we were merely walking and a bird flew in front of us and we were nearly brought to the floor with laughter. Why??? because EVERYTHING is so much more difficult in Mexico.

In America, if you want something, you just simply get in your car drive to a store and get it. Cant find it??? simply ask the person at the store and they will respond with one of these simple results: Yes we have it, No we dont, Yes it is in this department, or I do not know let me ask my manager. If it was only the same in Mexico....

No it goes a little something like this: quiero... I want oh wait how do you say? (commence 10 min pantomiming to try and find what the word is) ask again in decent spanish. Que? tu quieres hielo? SI QUIERO HIELO!(commence 5 min conversation among friends in whispered spanish) tienemos helado. Ok si gracias... Go in wanting Ice leave with Ice cream. jajaj

Here is a little list of things that JUST WORK in America:
Buses: a great mode of transportation here at its low cost however you sacrifice your comfort alongside willingness to be on time
Roads: Down here they place mountains in the middle of the roads... they call them speed bumps (I call them stop signs)
Birds: they take off like freakin helicopters and nearly hit you. It could be possible to grab them because they are so dumb
Food: Ketchup on pizza, pigskin on tacos in the US you know you get exactly what you order, here its a surprise.

If I were to write a list of things I like about Mexico it would be nearly endless. Its the little things that you have to laugh off. But when I return to the US it will be these little things I appreciate much more.

1 comment:

  1. Very humorous. I can only imagine the chuckling the locals working at the store have to say.... I suspect something like this..." They want ice. Lets see if they object if we give them ice cream and send them packing...". You should be happy they don't "mistake" your query for "please stab me with porcupine needles"

    ReplyDelete